What is GreenWool Roll-Form™?
- GreenWool Roll-Form is made up of quality scoured sheeps wool which is 100% natural and 100% kiwi. It also contains about 20% low melt polyester
Why does it contain polyester?
- The polyester is low melt. Heat is used to bond the product so that it forms a consistently even thickness and density. Our GreenWool-100%NZ product contains no polyester and is 100% white virgin Wool (for ceilings only)
What's the difference between the white and grey option?
- White is white virgin Wool which goes from the grower to cleaning and then is blended into GreenWool-Roll Form White. Grey uses recycled Wool. This is wool which has been cleaned, treated and coloured by the carpet industry then not used and labelled as waste. The wool is then carded to ensure the best fibres are used and blended into GreenWool Roll-Form Grey
Is it effective?
- GreenWool™ insulation forms an amazingly effective thermal barrier and has proven acoustic performance. Wool has proven itself over thousands of years. It is non-toxic, non-irritant, non-allergenic and carries no nasty odours. It is fully treated in an environmentally friendly way against insect and vermin
What are R Values? (Also known as R ratings)
- R values allow you to compare apples with apples. The higher the number of the R value the better the insulation. The R stands for resistance. It's important to note that the thickness or depth of the product doesn't necessarily mean that it is more effective. Density is very important and is ultimately the more important factor. GreenWool Roll-Form is available in R-values ranging from R1.0 up to R5.0 (Above R3.2 a double layer is used to achieve the required R-value)